The Low Carb Cafe Forum Index  
Forum FAQ Search
Memberlist Usergroups
Profile Log in to check your private messages
Register Log in
Good morning Thursday
View previous topic :: View next topic  
rollababe55

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2012 9:15 am    Post subject: Good morning Thursday Reply with quote

Gloomy looking out there a 30% chance of rain. Woke up about 5ish and then couldn't go back to sleep. I'll be ready for bed tonight.

We are taking Dan's mom out to lunch today. I am about to go ballistic on his brother. After telling her that she could not go out to karaoke Saturday night, which she would be sitting all evening, we find out that she is still going up and down steps to the basement to do laundry. And not just hers but his too. What is wrong with this man?

Anyway, we will come home and pack up the car and head out to dd's house. Going to be house and kitty sitting til Saturday morning and then heading to Rolla for the day. Spending the day with my 80 and 90 year old aunts and my brother is going to bbq.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2012 10:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sandy, looks like Dan got all the "good" genes in the family?

Have a great time in Rollo!

Today, I plan to cook up some beets and put them in the freezer. I might also make up some borscht for myself for lunch. Smile And, somewhere along the way, I need to make up a batch of Green Eggs and Ham. For me at this stage of the game, that's a full day. Rolling Eyes

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2012 11:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sandy, sorry that Dan's brother is so weird. I know that makes it hard on both of you.
Marylin, green eggs and ham? Is your name SAM? Laughing
As for me, nothing new, same old same old. Georgie posted an interesting article on Low Carb Cafe in Facebook regarding Alzheimers. As I remember my step-dads parents. They were from Romania, always ate fat, neither one had Alzheimers in their old age. The father had heart trouble though, was overweight. I think that's because the mother fried everything and they also ate a lot of carbs, probably healthy ones more than refined. My mother's dimentia was a result of repeated mini-strokes. She didn't show signs of mental illness until the last year of her life, lived to be 86. My dad would have to call the fire department when she'd pass out on the floor. They would just pick her up and leave it at that. My grandparents never had Alzheimer's either, nor did Jim's mom. They all ate fat, but healthier carbs than what people eat now. There were not all of those chemicals in the foods either.
Have a good one!

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2012 12:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I love beets, both hot and cold.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2012 6:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We made it out to the country. Time to sit on the deck with my hubby, a few snacks ,a bottle of wine and just listen to the crickets. And the bottle of wine was really iffy. Dang I have a horrible time getting the cork out but there is no cork in the wine, so I'm happy. And that is where we'll be in the morning with our coffee.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2012 8:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice Sandy, enjoy every moment that you're up there. Smile
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: