*South Beach Diet
  *Fat Flush Plan

Other

Other Info

*Calculators
*Low Carb Faq''s
*Site Info

The Low Carb Cafe: Forums

The Low Carb Cafe :: View topic - It's Friday!!!
The Low Carb Cafe Forum Index  
Forum FAQ Search
Memberlist Usergroups
Profile Log in to check your private messages
Register Log in
It's Friday!!!
View previous topic :: View next topic  
rollababe55

PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2012 8:34 am    Post subject: It's Friday!!! Reply with quote

I love my granddaughter but I am glad she will be with Michael for the weekend and then with her mother next week. I knew this morning would be rough because Dan bowls and we don't get home til late. She has been used to being in bed by 9. It was rough waking her up this morning and then she got all teary because I let the water out of the sink. She got that way yesterday morning because of the yogurt. I am sure her emotions are running a little amok right now because of Cecilia. She isn't listening and minding as well either. I think I might have Michael call the counselor at school and let her know and maybe she can talk to Jersie. Then have to get Michael to see one too.

In the meantime, this grandma is going to enjoy sleeping in for a week.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2012 8:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think that's a great idea, Sandy. Kids feel grief but don't know how to process it. The school counselor will be a big help to her. cute hug

PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2012 9:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's Friday! So it is. I just finished breakfast. I have lots of things on my mental to-do list, but whether I get any of them remains to be seen. One of the things I need to accomplish is to finish putting all the stuff from the Outpost away. I stuffed it into the cupboards and the refrigerator, but it is NOT organized. Rolling Eyes

PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2012 11:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sandy, glad you can get a little rest. I agree with you and Carol about Jersie. She is trying to understand what happened. It is so sad. Having her loving dad, you and the rest of the family is so good for her. the counselor may be able to get her to verbalize what she is holding in. I am sure there is some fear too, can this happen to dad or grandma?

Marylin, have fun organizing all the wonderful stuff you bought yesterday.

We stopped at Walmart yesterday and I picked up a sugar free angel food cake ( 1/5 of the cake has 6 net carbs and 70 calories). With some strawberries and whipped cream it made a lovely treat for us. Costco sucked us in with some Habanera sausages and salami with sundried tomatoes, both made by Aidelles.

It's lovely outside, but until the construction, a new patio cover and some boards up high on the house, gets finished, can't enjoy it.

Have a great day everyone,

PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2012 12:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am going to have to look for those sausages at Costco. Hope they carry them in the midwest.

We are expecting some strong storms tonight so it looks like a night of watching tv. Tomorrow is supposed to be fabulously cool so I want to be well rested to enjoy it.
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: