The Low Carb Cafe Forum Index  
Forum FAQ Search
Memberlist Usergroups
Profile Log in to check your private messages
Register Log in
Found a dresser
View previous topic :: View next topic  
rollababe55

PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2012 2:48 pm    Post subject: Found a dresser Reply with quote

After hitting a few yard sales and coming up empty on the dresser, I came home and got on Craigslist for the first time. And there it was. The perfect dresser. They wanted $100 and I asked them if they would take $75. They did and we went out and picked it up. Jersie and I had a good time organizing it and we kept the other chest anyway and organized it. Dan is going to put some shims under the front to keep it more steady.

On the down side, the car is acting funky and I am not sure we want to drive it. Michael said we could use Cecilia's car but he asked if we could babysit tonight since some of his high school friends are getting together. I don't know what to do. No matter what decision I come to, someone is going to be unhappy. Right now, trying to see if a friend of Michael's can babysit.

I have thought about letting my hair go natural but I can tell the gray will not be one of those pretty grays. So I'll keep on coloring it for now.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2012 2:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sandy, nice that you found the dresser, and a good price it was too. I can understand your disappointment about tonight. You have been looking forward to going out and having a little fun. Hopefully the baby-sitting thing can be worked out.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2012 1:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We did get things worked out. A wife of his best friend watched her but she made me feel very guilty about not changing my plans. Oh well.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2012 7:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sandy! You were up at 1:30 a.m.?

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2012 11:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sandy, glad you didn't let her trying to make you feel guilty get to you. YOU should feel guilty? The nerve! Rolling Eyes

Last edited by Gigi on Sun Sep 09, 2012 11:16 am; edited 2 times in total
rollababe55

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2012 11:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, Marilyn. Embarassed Karaoke went til almost 1:00 and then by the time we got home, took medicine and checked the computer, we didn't get to bed til about 2. I had cramps all night in my legs and feet and then this morning started to get one in my thigh. It was a long night. Sad

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2012 11:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sandy, getting older is no picnic. A few years back I tried a little Greek dancing, boy did I pay for that! Now I don't have to do anything of the sorts (can't).... still paying.... Razz If you don't laugh about it, you'd be crying. Razz
I am happy for you that you got out and had a little fun.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2012 2:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gigi, I'm looking at your adorable siggy -- the cricket playing the cello -- It sure was fun listening to all of them a couple of weeks ago when the evenings were warm.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2012 4:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sweet cricket music Laughing

Started looking in here this morning and almost was late to church. Boy, did I ever hurry getting ready!

It's beautiful out. We are driving up to Lisa's for a few minutes. Jim needs to borrow something to dig a hole with. What do I know? I never know what things are called. Question Jim is putting a little antenna on the roof and needs to ground it. We never have thunderstorms, once in an age maybe, but we still have to, just in case. Smile

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2012 5:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think they are hole diggers, Gigi. rofl

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2012 9:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh, my! The mention of a lightening strike to an antenna reminds me of something I hadn't thought about in years. I was sitting at my dining room table one night when lightening struck the TV antenna across the alley from me. There was a huge noise, after which half the bulbs in my chandelier were burned out. The woman had been watching TV when the lightening struck, and she said a ball of fire came out of the TV into the living room. Scary stuff.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2012 10:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hole digger, you are too funny Very Happy

Marylin, what a scary thing to have lightening strike so close by. Shocked

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2012 12:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, I've experienced a couple of too-close strikes. It struck close here once and it was like a firey octopus dropped its tentacles down on all sides of the house. We never saw any damage, thank goodness. Although it probably took ten years off my life. Shocked

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2012 12:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lightening scares me to death.
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: