The Low Carb Cafe Forum Index  
Forum FAQ Search
Memberlist Usergroups
Profile Log in to check your private messages
Register Log in
It's Saturday
View previous topic :: View next topic  
PrairieGal

PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2012 7:53 am    Post subject: It's Saturday Reply with quote

Today will be just a normal weekend with laundry, chores, etc. Tonight we are going out with our friends from church for dinner. I always look forward to that.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2012 9:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good morning. It is GORGEOUS here. A cold front came through and is a sunny 63. We were looking for the blanket last night. What a wonderful feeling.

Felt wonderful to sleep til after 8 this morning. Going to color my hair today before we go out tonight. Gray roots are taking over.

Got over to Michael's yesterday evening and he had cleaned the kitchen all up, had a load of dishes in the dishwasher, vacuumed Jersie's room and cleaned up the living/dining room. I mean it is not "mommy" clean but he did a good job. At least he was not just laying around all day, which is what he has been doing.

Karaoke tonight. Very Happy

PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2012 9:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good morning. Sandy, I let the grey roots take over l-o-n-g ago! Razz As a matter of fact, when I was getting mostly grey, I asked my hairdresser if we should start to color my hair while there was still some of the original color to match. She said, "Don't bother. You won't keep up with it, anyway." She was right. Now my hair is all silver, and dh once commented that it is "spectacular." Guess I'll keep it.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2012 9:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gotta get myself back on the wagon today. Unfortunately, some "treats" found their way home with me from the Outpost the other day. Rolling Eyes Have you ever tasted mango coated almonds? I think I found something better than chocolate. . . .

PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2012 11:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

from me and the menagerie Very Happy

Carol, just another weekend here too, washing etc. gosh, I wonder sometimes how many loads we did over this lifetime? Yikes Rolling Eyes Always nice to go out to dinner, better yet with friends. Have a wonderful evening.

Sandy, so glad to hear that your son was able to do some housework. He is going through much sadness and depression right now. He will be all right, but it will take time. You are such a wonderful mom, understanding, kind, always there to help, no matter what. For you to get out and do some Karaoke is good too. Great you got a whole night's sleep, and getting your hair done feels good too. Have fun tonight.

Marylin, I have given up on high-lighting my hair about a year ago, and like yours, it's silver. I actually get a lot of compliments on it, the style as well as the COLOR. Sure makes it easier and less costly. The high-lighting seems to have given it extra body, but the products I use make up for that, plus it's pretty short, so the weight no longer makes it "flatten out" Laughing

We have no special plans. Being retired there is not much difference in week or weekend. Seems that we always find something to do. we have not played dominos with our friends for months now. I can't sit in one position at the table for such a long time. My legs swell like balloons and they hurt. At the theater I always sit in the first row of the upper section when I can elevate my legs, works well.

Enough of my boring life... ssst Have a good one!
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: