This comes from The Low Carb Cafe
Baby's Favorite Stuffed Mushrooms
|Name||Baby's Favorite Stuffed Mushrooms|
|Serves/Yields|| serves 8 as an appetizer, 4 as an entree|
|Prep. Time|| from start to eat, about 45minutes, including baking.|
16 Lg mushrooms
1 tsp Minced Garlic
1 cup shredded cheese-
Mozzarella is best
|Step: 1||1) Place sausage in frying pan and brown.
2) While the meat is frying, use a damp cloth to clean the mushrooms. Remove the stems from the caps and dice the stems. Reserve the diced stems for later. Place caps in a shallow baking pan sprayed with your favorite vegetable spray.
3) When the meat is browned, drain and place hot meat in the bowl of your food processor; pulse several time to get uniformed size bits of sausage.
4) Pour chopped sausage into mixing bowl, add chopped mushroom stems, garlic and cheese. Mix together. Taste for seasoning- add a bit more garlic if you like.
5) Divide stuffing among the mushroom caps, pressing mixture in firmly. Be careful not to split the cap.
6) Sprinkle with grated parmesan cheese if desired.
7) Bake at 350 degrees for 15 to 18 minutes until mixture is bubbly and mushroom caps begin to weep. Let sit 5 minutes before serving.
| per stuffed cap, 2 g carbs |
Time submitted: Thursday, August 05. 2004 at 20:28:03
Contributed By: Anonymous
The URL for it is: http://www.lowcarbcafe.com/modules.php?name=Dynamic&op=viewdyn&dyn_id=485