This comes from The Low Carb Cafe
Broccoli and Stilton Soup
|Name||Broccoli and Stilton Soup|
|Prep. Time||10 minutes|
|Cook Time||30 minutes|
|A delicious and flavourful soup|
|1 head broccoli
1 medium onion
1 spring onion
1 tablespoon vegetable oil
750ml vegetable stock or bouillion
1 teaspoon garlic powder
1 teaspoon mustard powder
2 bay leaves
150ml heavy cream
150 grams Stilton or blue cheese
salt and pepper
|Step: 1||1. Finely chop onion and spring onion and gently brown in large pot with oil.
2.Chop whole broccoli into chunks, and add to pot along with vegetable stock, garlic powder, mustard powder, and bay leaves.
3. Bring to boil, and then lower heat and simmer for 25 minutes.
4. Remove bay leaves
5. Cut cheese into small chunks and add to pot along with the cream.
7. Blend thoroughly with hand blender, or in smaller loads in a kitchen blender.
8. Season to taste with salt and pepper
9. Reheat on low if necessary
|I don't know the exact carb content, but it should be very low|
Time submitted: Tuesday, July 25. 2006 at 06:23:16
Contributed By: Friartuck
The URL for it is: http://www.lowcarbcafe.com/modules.php?name=Dynamic&op=viewdyn&dyn_id=1175